The Chanel Wallet on Chain (WOC) is a versatile clutch that is perfect for outings on many occasions. Chanel is known to be classy and timeless for most of their design, so you don’t need to worry about certain products going out of style. There are plenty of options whether you’re looking for a big, medium, or small bag, in a variety of colors and chain design.
I was a bit strategic about the next bag. The last bag I bought was the Louis Vuitton Bella Mahina, which was a literal bucket bag. I don’t have an appetite for a tote bag at this time and went the total opposite. I already have the Louis Vuitton Twist Belt Wallet on Chain, but I wanted a much nicer one. Alas, here we are.
MJ moved to Chanel at South Coast Plaza and has been gracious to me over the years (back in the Newport Beach days). I am so happy he was able to provide me with this amazing Chanel experience! Honestly, I couldn’t decide between the gold or silver hardware and lambskin or caviar leather. I was on the silver aesthetic for the longest time but have been jumping on gold recently.
Now, I present to you, the latest. The Chanel Wallet on Chain, in Black Caviar Leather with Gold Hardware.
The chain is somewhat long, but I would assume that is to accomodate for different styles and people. You can shorten the chain by buying the Wallet on Chain clip, or even twisting the chain and tucking it under the flap. You can use the Wallet on Chain as a side bag, shoulder bag, or even a legit clutch.
There are several components to the Wallet on Chain.
- Flap Zipper: This is a magical compartment because this extends all the way down from the back side. You can store a light document, cash, and other secrets.
- Back Outside Pocket: This is a smaller pocket on the back side of the Wallet on Chain. I love putting my parking ticket there.
- Six Card Slots: For your ID, credit/debit card(s), health card, and even stamp card(s).
- Inner Pocket: Likely for cash.
- Front Inner Zipper: For more secrets.
- Small Pocket of Space: This can fit quite a few things. I’ve managed to fit my key wallet (need to leave the car key out), lipstick, and card wallet.
It’s important to take proper care of your bags. I make sure I store the Wallet on Chain and all of my other bags in their dust bag (and if applicable, a small insert pillow to retain its size). MJ taught me to keep the Walelt on Chain in the dust bag, but have the chain hanging out, while stored in the box.
I have a small insert to shape the bottom of the Wallet on Chain, but this runs the risk of stretching. I make sure to remove everything prior to storage.
Overall, I am excited about this addition to my collection! Prices of Chanel bags have been going up dramatically in recent years. It is hard to speculate, but if you have the money and interest, might as well enjoy it sooner.