The Lifestyle Edit is a blog series, featuring some recent highlights of my day-to-day life. Hopefully, you’ll still find inspiration and relatable content through this blog series. If not, let’s still celebrate life and the everyday victories we face.
It has been a hot minute since the last Lifestyle Edit. I’ve started modeling my blog posts as a “guide” based on my latest experiences, from delicious eateries to the places I’ve been.
Health is Wealth
The first half of 2023 was very stressful because of a very toxic work environment. Since transferring departments, I finally stopped feeling dreadful and started healing myself through wellness activities. I ended up dropping 13 pounds, and I am back to my pre-pandemic weight. I also cut alcohol and heavily processed foods. Cheat meals are not cutting it anymore.
My mom and I did the stair climb challenge in September, where we walked up 75 floors. I beat my prior year’s time by 17 minutes.
In November and December, I started going to Barry’s Bootcamp 3x and SoulCycle 2x per week. The weather was a bit rough, which impacted my knee, but I still pulled through the jogs and sprints. I’m finally sprinting at 12MPH. It’s a big deal because when I started Barry’s back in April, my sprint was 8MPH at best.
Speaking of Pasadena, my friend and I are switching between the Nike Run Club and the Lululemon Run Club. It’s a great way to walk and run!
I started becoming more involved with the women’s golf club, as I naturally do when I see areas that can be improved through my contributions. I’m so happy I was targeted through their Instagram ad because this was exactly what I needed – opportunities to meet women to play golf with. We’ve hit amazing courses, including Pelican Hill, Terranea, and The Ranch. I finally saw the hype of local courses: De Bell, Scholl Canyon, and Brookside.
I finally signed up for golf lessons to improve my game. It threw off my swing, but I’m building back to it. Speaking of swings, my driver snapped last weekend on the 4th tee box. When it rains, it pours! Thankfully, Roger Dunn fixed it back up with a new shaft the same day. I also finally have a push cart, so I’m excited to walk the walkable courses!
The Lifestyle Edit
My personality is currently screaming working out and playing golf. That is OK. But here are some artifacts worth including in this Lifestyle Edit:
- Elevate your French fries experience by dipping them in creme fraiche. If you’re extra fancy, add caviar as well.
- Trader Joe’s now carries “To The Power Of Seven” green and purple juice blends. Making your own juices is a hassle through the clean-up effort. These juices are a reasonable alternative and are super affordable.
- I got to record a short promo video at Kitten Rescue LA through my work’s fundraising campaigns.
- Italy was a life-changing experience. Less is more.
- Being an iced coffee girlie is great. But I finally learned how to drink hot black coffee with a spoon of turbinado sugar. I also need afternoon coffee, and I really enjoy espresso.
- Designer, no designer, rock what makes you happy, but don’t go broke doing so.
- Buying the TheraGun Elite fixed a lot of my muscle and tendon issues, eliminating my continued need to go to the chiropractor.